Christopher J. Arellano
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Dept.
- NIH Post-doctoral fellow
- Roberts Laboratory
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Dept.
- Director: Thomas J. Roberts, Ph.D.
- Project Title: Define the mechanical influence of elastic elements on muscle force production and locomotion
- Funding Source: National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS)
- Period: 06/01/2013 - 05/31/2016
- Post-doctoral fellow
- Neurophysiology of Movement Laboratory
- Integrative Physiology Dept.
- Director: Roger M. Enoka, Ph.D.
- Project Title: Control strategies used by young and older adults
when supporting an inertial load: implications for the energetic cost of antagonist coactivation
- Funding Source: University of Colorado "Integrative Physiology of Aging" Training Grant (T32)
- Period: 04/01/2012 - 04/01/2013
- Muscle-tendon mechanics and physiology -
- Neurophysiology and control of movement -
Human and animal locomotion -
Nonlinear dynamics -
- 1999-2003, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
2005-2007, M.S., Biomechanics/Motor Control, University of Houston, Houston, Texas
2008-2012, Ph.D., Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
Look N, Arellano CJ, Grabowski AM, McDermott W, & Bradley E.
Dynamic stability of running: The effects of speed and leg amputations on the maximal Lyapunov exponent. to appear in Chaos
Arellano CJ & Kram R (2012).
The energetic cost of maintaining lateral balance during human running. Journal of Applied Physiology.
Arellano CJ & Kram R (2011).
The effects of step width and arm swing on energetic cost and lateral balance during running. Journal of
Biomechanics. 44(7): 1291-1295.
Kram R, Arellano CJ, & Franz JR (2011).
The metabolic cost of locomotion: muscle by muscle. Exercise and Sports Science Reviews. 39(2): 57-58.
Arellano CJ, Layne CS, O'Connor DP, & Kurz MJ (2009). The independent effect of added mass on the stability of the sagittal plane leg kinematics during
steady-state human walking. Journal of Experimental Biology. 212(12): 1965-1970.
Arellano CJ, Layne CS, O'Connor DP, Scott-Pandorf M, & Kurz MJ (2009). Does load carrying influence sagittal plane locomotive stability? Medicine
and Science in Sports and Exercise. 41(3): 620-627.
Kurz MJ, Scott-Pandorf M, Arellano CJ, Olsen D, & Whittaker G (2008). The penguin waddling gait pattern has a more consistent step width than step length. Journal of Theoretical Biology. 252(2): 272-276.
Kurz MJ, Judkins TN, Arellano CJ, & Scott-Pandorf M (2008). A passive dynamic walking robot that has a deterministic nonlinear gait. Journal of
Biomechanics. 41(6): 1310-1316.
Kurz MJ, Pothakos K, Jamaluddin S, Scott-Pandorf M, Arellano CJ, & Lau YS (2007). A chronic mouse model of Parkinson's disease has a reduced gait pattern
certainty. Neuroscience Letters. 429(1): 39-42.